1. People say “now”, “now now” and “just now” all the time and you’re constantly confused as to when, exactly.
2. Someone’s explained rugby to you. You pretended to understand.
3. You’re constantly converting to miles, pounds or degrees Fahrenheit.
4. You find the South African accent ‘sexy’.
5. Never ever has free WiFi made you this happy.
6. You want locals to pronounce their names at least four times.
7. The exchange rate has you feeling like a high roller…
8. But you tell your parents everything is “crazy expensive”.
9. You thought you aced your first assignment in the third world. You didn’t.
10. After all the queues and paperwork, your student visa finally gets approved.
11. You see good-looking people everywhere.
12. You’ve started calling traffic roundabouts, “circles”.
13. You’ve never seen so many people walk around barefoot.
14. Someone you hardly know has greeted you with a kiss on the mouth.
15. Power’s out…
16. You’re disproportionately excited when you meet someone from back home.
17. You think calling traffic lights ‘Robots’ is ridiculous, but do it to prove you’re ‘down with the local lingo’.
18. Someone spoke to you in a local language and you just stood there like…
19. Your approach to all the cheap South African food is…
20. You’ve been shunned for calling a ‘braai’ a ‘barbeque’.
Speak to a professional
Contact Le Roux Attorneys, South African Visa specialists about your visa application. Start by selecting one of the enquiry options below