Spouse Permit South Africa

What is the spouse permit for South Africa

Foreigners who have been married for in excess of 5 years can apply for permanent residency as a spouse. It should be noted that in many cases a temporary spouse visa will still need to be applied for, simply as the processing time for permanent residency can take 24 months and longer.

Apply for a Spouse Permit

How would I qualify for permanent residency on this basis?

Application under the South African spouse category can be made when an individual has been a spouse of a South African citizen or permanent resident for five years, and the Director-General is satisfied that a good faith spousal relationship exists. The permanent residence permit shall lapse if at any time within two years from the issuing of that permanent residence permit the good faith spousal relationship no longer subsists, save for the case of death.

Temporary Residency Option

Apply for a spousal visa if you’re looking to bring your spouse to South Africa on a temporary basis

South African Permit Options