What is a treaty visa for South Africa?
A South African treaty visa is an official document that gives foreigners permission to enter South Africa to participate in programmes that have been agreed upon by South Africa and their respective countries. The treaty visa is issued for the duration of activities as provided in the treaty and may be renewed.
To enable us to apply for treaty visa the following evidence will need to be provided:
- Return ticket or cash deposit
- The nature of the programme and the treaty under which it is conducted
- The fact that the relevant foreign national participates in the programme
- The type of activities which the foreign national is expected to perform under the programme
- Duration of the programme