The volunteer visa South Africa
The South African volunteer visa (long-stay visitor’s visa) allows foreign nationals to partake in volunteer or charity work within the Republic. The volunteer visa in South Africa category does allow the applicant to receive a daily stipend to offset their expenses, but does not allow for remuneration beyond this.
Do I qualify for a volunteer visa in South Africa?
In order to qualify for a South African volunteer visa, the applicant must meet the following criteria.
- The unpaid work must be under the order of a bona fide charity or volunteering institution.
- Written statement of purpose of visit.
- The applicant must provide proof of sufficient financial means.
- The applicant must supply proof of return flight ticket (provided the duration of stay does not exceed 12 months).
- A person who is unable to comply with the requirement to submit proof of a valid return ticket may be required to make a deposit; provided that such deposit shall be refunded to the depositor after the final departure of the applicant or after a permit contemplated in section 25 of the Act has been issued to the applicant; provided further that the payment of the deposit may be effected by means of a bank guaranteed cheque or credit card at places where such facility exists.
Should you be interested in becoming a tour guide, then be sure to contact Livingstone Tourism Academy.